Wednesday, October 7, 2009

32 weeks

Yeah, I never got around to posting the 31-week picture. And today I'm at 32 weeks! I never thought I'd be happy to have a belly. But there's a baby in there! And my gods does she ever kick and stuff. She's more inside than babies usually are, so my belly's not protruding as much as most women this far along, meaning she's right up in there in my rib cage and I swear she feels about to fall out sometimes. As fun as the hiccups are, some of her punches and nudges outright hurt! However I won't complain. A year ago we were ramping up to do IVF, and not long before that, we weren't sure it would even be possible. So all this moving and discomfort just proves to me that she's in there, and I still have a hard time believing it, even when watching my tummy bounce around. And so I'm glad for it all. I'll take the discomfort and sometimes even outright pain for this little girl. It's a much more preferable and tolerable pain than the pain that comes with infertility and aching for a child and not knowing if one will ever happen.

This morning we have an appointment with our midwife. Cody has had to miss the last two appointments due to work, so this will be the first time in six weeks he'll get to hear his daughter's heartbeat Afterward we may meet with his mom for lunch. And then more busy stuff. So much is packing our agendas between now and the 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.