Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pre-T-Day

Watching Christmas movies and shows, the old ones, like the ol' Rudolph Movie, and the animated Grinch. Have a couple pies made and cooling, and a turkey far too big for two people. But we couldn't pass up a 20-pound bird when it was $7. And we got the apartment all nice and scrubbed down and the carpets steam-cleaned (okay, Cody did, I'm too achy with my right leg trying to fall off and all). So we're good to go for waking up, popping Chuck in the oven (I named the bird), making French toast, and then getting on with the rest of it.

It's going to be a day of just kicking back and watching movies. Cody's step-dad is still sick (brief update: had prostate-removal surgery, and then found out his bladder was punctures twice) so not much happening there, Cody's dad is with his sister, who has esophagus cancer and likely won't be around longer (sick, sick, everywhere), and everyone else is further away. So us, the dogs and cats, a dead birdie, movies.

I wish the weather would change. What the hell is the sun doing showing its face and make it 80 degrees? Warm breezes, not a single cloud in the entire sky. Um, it's late fall. Where is the rain? WHERE IS THE RAIN?? I hate all this sunshine and heat. I'll be so happy when it starts getting windy, cold, and rainy. Dare I say it? I miss the Oregon and Massachusetts weathers of rain and snow. I remember it well, and miss it. Those states actually got seasons. Here, we get seasoN. One. Summer.

All in all, it's been a pretty good day today, and I think tomorrow will be better.

Hopefully Miss Charlotte decides to start coming tomorrow. Cody wouldn't mind not having to go to work on Black Friday. :)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day, and it also sounds like you are nesting!!! ;) Mmmm, turkey. We don't really celebrate it here in Australia, but it always sounds great whenever I hear about it.

    I'm so sorry to hear about all the sick family members. It must be so hard for you!

    I'm with you, I love the wind and the cold and the rain. Bring it on. Instead, it's hot and dry and dusty here. Bleh.

    Miss Charlotte will come soon, trust me. No-one ever stayed pregnant forever. How far away are you from your "due date" now? 1 week? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 39 weeks officially. :) And I am too going to stay pregnant forever! :(

    Thanksgiving can be a great holiday. It does sadden me a bit that a lot of people see it as the eve of the official start of the rush-rush-rush holiday shopping season. Materialism on such an extreme level drags me down every year. Christmastime isn't about shopping, yet that's all is anymore. Forget about family-togetherness and all, just shop shop shop. Some of the best Christmas gifts I ever got were some ornaments my cousins made me in 1997. That was so sweet and unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, 39 weeks! Should be any day now. Stay positive, she's coming soon. *hugs* I can't wait for your post to say that you are going into labour! Eee! Are you still doing to blog while you are in labour?

    I get where you are coming from. I knit, crochet and do some beading in my spare time. I just love to create things. Some of my favourite things are all handmade by people who I love and that love me. When my son was born, I was given a lot of stuff, but I treasured the little hand knit booties, bonnet and jumper that was knitted for him by his great grandmother. I still have them tucked away nice and safe, they are just that sentimental to me. Things like that are just so much more personal. When did Christmas turn into a big shopping grab-for-cash? Where did all the magic go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cody's planning to Twitter as he thinks about it. http://twitter.com/cody_clements Also I'll post when I can to Facebook using Tweetdeck on my iPhone, if I think about it. I've got you on Facebook, right?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.