Thursday, January 28, 2010

Charlotte's Weekday!

She's eight weeks old today! Well, at 6:26pm. At this exact time eight weeks ago I was still in labor, sleeping, to be exact. I slept a solid four hours during labor and woke up just a few hours from being fully dilated. It was so easy, the labor. I guess it was easy and then all the pain paid in full during delivery. Completely worth it though and I'd do it again. In fact, if we miraculously spontaneously conceive, which is the only way we decided to have another, we'd have another unmedicated home birth.

I'll save the reminiscing for her second monthday next week.

I've decided to add a new section to my site, baby blankets made from silk and other natural fibers with 100% of the net proceeds going to the birthing center our beloved midwife owns via Mother's Choice Foundation. Good idea, I think. Will also make a section in my etsy store for this. MCF is very important to me. I really want to help enable other mothers to be able to have homebirths and birth center births rather than be forced into hospitals because their insurance won't cover anything else.

1 comment:

  1. Is she 8 weeks already?! Wow!

    Told you labor was easy. :) Love your idea for the MCF with the baby blankets. Home births and birth centers with midwives is definitely the way to go. Good luck with your foundation.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.