Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just stuff and more stuff

I've got three dry sockets now and want to bang my head into a wall. Actually I have done just that a few times I'm in such pain.

I'm very close to closing my order schedule for 2009. I've got quite a bit on my plate, as outlined in the newest post on my Aria Couture blog. Tomorrow night I'm meeting with a July bride regarding her dress.

Tomorrow we're picking up Cody's new glasses and picking out my own frames. Joy.

Not much else is up. Just listening to NPR and trying to not be pissed off at stuff in the news and I'm oddly emotionally unaffected by the earthquake in Haiti, probably because I'm realizing it's too easy to be dragged down by things I can't change and very hard to get back up, and this effects my own life negatively, so my life > the lives of strangers. May sound heartless, but I've got to take care of me so I can take care of Charlotte. She matters more to me than everyone else in the world combined.

I love being a mom. I love the little attempts she makes at taking, and the greedy look on her face when she nurses, and the cooing, and the smiles. Even the poops because I know that when she's older, I'll miss these days, the days when she was young enough to need her bum wiped. And only a couple nights have been sleepless. Otherwise she's a good sleeper. She makes the smacky sound, I pull her to the boob, back to sleep. When she makes a certain cry, Cody changes her diaper on the changing table here in our room, back to sleep. It works out well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.