Sunday, March 14, 2010

Charlotte's second tooth!!

Her bottom middle-right this time! Poor girl's been miserable and feverish from it. We give her Hyland's Teething Tablets and Baby Orajel. When those don't work well enough we give her half a teaspoon of children's Benadryl. I hate giving her meds, but I'm not going to make her suffer just because I'm more likely to just suck up pain. So we help her sleep. She's back and forth between fussy and happy today.

Last night Cody and I had our first date-night without Charlotte. We went and saw Alice in Wonderland, which I loved but Cody was so-so on, and then to dinner at Palazzio. The theater, the Arlington, is just gorgeous. I thought Cody was kidding. The ceiling looks like you're outside, complete with "stars", and the sides look like you're in an Italian villa. I thought we walked into a courtyard for a moment!! The portions at Palazzio were ginormous. Ridiculously so. The caprese was made with huge chunks of mozzarella and the biggest basil leaves I've seen. Pretty pricey, but yummy. I had to pump between movie and dinner because was in some serous discomfort from not nursing for a few hours, but that's what a car charger is for. I missed my sweet pea the whole time.

In other news, my dear friend Randi got engaged today! I'm very happy for her. The wedding will be in about a year, and I'm insanely jealous since I don't even consider myself engaged when plans have never amounted to more than just talking about what would be nice to do (I haven't even worn my ring since last July, when I gave it back to Cody and told him to give it back if a time ever comes that we seriously start planning beyond just talk, and, well...it hasn't happened yet, and I seriously doubt it ever really will). The only details I know are approximate date, which is all they've worked on so far, and I don't know if we'll be invited (I don't know the size of the wedding, and if it's small or there are budget constraints, then I'm certain we'll be among those nixed), but it'll be fun anyway watching it come together, and I wish them the best!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried giving her (or just holding them near her mouth) cold teething rings? Or even a cold and wet facial cloth? She'd probably love chewing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. She'll knaw on it for a few seconds, then lose interest. We have different shapes and textures. What she'll chew on longest is her rattle. If she was a bit older and started on solids, I'd make her a bit of breastmilk "ice cream" and let her munch on that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.