Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tired!!

So...so...so...so...tired. I didn't get to fit three of the bridesmaids until about 3 yesterday. The wedding was at 5! And the courthouse closed early for some reason, so we were rushed out the doors at 4:45. I had my sewing machine set up sewing frantically, recruited a few of the girls to help sew buttons. They graciously helped and understood the time-crunch placed on me - I was supposed to have fitted those three BEFORE yesterday, but plans changed and none of those girls could make it to my place earlier. The other four were finished. Just the final three. So I had to get those done, then help the bride get dressed. That girl is abnormally gorgeous. I swear, no one should be allowed to be as amazingly beautiful as she is. I'm jealous!! But she's also the sweetest bride I can imagine, and one of the sweetest people I've ever met. Her new husband is also a complete gem. I love both of them so much!

Anyway this last week has been spent sewing every spare moment. Since being an at-home mom of a very mobile, very curious little girl is a full-time, non-stop job (who says it's easy and stay-at-home parents get to sit on the couch eating bon-bons all day? I'm lucky to have a full minute to myself to go to the bathroom!!), I had to do all my sewing after Cody got home, after being awake since 6am. Getting to bed "early" meant 2:30am! Friday night/Saturday morning I got to bed at 5am, and did get to "sleep in" until 7am, and then was literally running around all day. Not walking, running.

So now I'm still physically exhausted, but it was so worth it. Every minute. I'm so glad I decided to go ahead and tackle those bridesmaids dresses, even though Carmen asked me four weeks ago. I hesitated, was about to say no, hemmed, hawed, then decided it would be a good challenge and a way to see what I'm capable of. Thing is, I still had some work on her gown. She was in Israel for a while, which pushed back the delivery date, which was originally a few weeks ago. But we decided to wait for her to return to decide on some elements of it, and she understood this meant the original date likely would be delayed. So finish on her gown, seven bridesmaid gowns, then her veil, a petticoat (that's gorgeous enough to be worn as a skirt by itself), and a few other minor things, in a month.

I'll recap the day, with pictures, tomorrow. The gowns are just amazing, and I think this is my greatest accomplishment. I've done fully-beaded gowns, but something about this wedding is different. I also got to stay for the wedding, and her father personally asked me to come to the reception and bring Cody, and it was quite the incredible feeling to see eight lovely ladies in my gowns!!

Now to go to bed. I'm just dead-tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.