Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So there's the good.

On Thursday I'll be leaving, with Charlotte, to see my dad's side of the family I haven't seen in years, since the day of his memorial seven years ago. My aunt Sandy, Dad's oldest, though still younger, sister, is also going out. I see Sandy every couple months now. This'll be little Charlotte's first plane ride! I'm planning to not feed her for three or four hours before the flight (yes, she'll be mad), then to give her some Benadryl and feed her once on the plane to help her sleep and pop her ears with the pressure change.

I'm not quite sure what to expect out there. One of my cousins has sent me some rather nasty messages via Facebook, and her mom has always terrified me. Let's just leave it at that. But I've always adored my grandma (we've got a lot in common), and one of my cousins has a baby six weeks younger than Charlotte. Speaking of Charlotte, lookie at how big she's getting!! Lookit that smile!



A few days ago this child dropped a dolly in favor of an ethernet cable that was on the floor. Yeah, she's ours, all right. :) She's even an apple fan. Proof!





LOL! See? I was putting groceries away and heard a rustle and looked down and she had pulled out an apple and was eating it. Yeah, she's a naked-butt-baby there. She gets nakie-time every day. It's good for the skin, and what can I say, she's never had a single case if diaper rash.

I've been working on sewing a lot, right now hand-sewing a reproduction of an original Dollie Madison gown for the woman commissioned to portray Dollie at the Dollie Madison house. 100% silk velvet (as opposed to the typical 18% silk/82% rayon usually found and passed as silk velvet), very high quality cotton muslin, the lining will even be dual-colored like the original. Last night I was sewing a sleeve to its lining and was too tired. I sewed the cap of the lining to the bottom of the silk. I realized I should stop for the night. So I did. :)

School's going well. Huh? What's that? School? Oh yeah, that. I decided to get a dance degree, an A.A.. I don't think I can justify the expense of transferring to a 4-year for a B.A. when I don't have any clear goals. I might teach ballet at some point, maybe not. I've really just getting the A.A. for me. RIght now I'm in ballet and am taking dance history. That damned dance history class takes about 12 hours a week and is just three credits. On the plus side, a lot of the work is the same as for the dance appreciation class, another required class also worth three credits, so I can just turn in the same assignments, but with the benefit of already having instructor-input. :) Yes, that's allowed. It's my work both times. I'm not really looking forward to the general ed classes, so will try to test out of those.

The instructor I've got for the ballet class now danced professionally many years, and she runs the studio more like it's a pro-class, which is awesome. Many instructors of adults don't. But she does. Nancy's a fantastic instructor. More here about her, though you have to scroll down.

I'll remain in ballet for the foreseeable future, and will add jazz, tap, and a few others.

The wedding is in fewer than three months and we've done almost nothing. Oops! No worries. As long as the invitations get out, nothing else is a big deal.

Oh, and on Wednesday, Cody, Charlotte, and I, are going to Disneyland. may as well get some use out of our season passes. :) It'll be Charlotte's first time, and I need a day of unwinding. Right now I'm doing little more than school, sewing the Dollie dress, and working on that French lady's big order. Well, I not know the country code for France is 33. :) I'll probably be sewing on the plane as long as Charlotte doesn't throw a fit and will sit with Sandy. I need to find a baby "sewing kit." She's fascinated with sewing stuff, and is riveted watching me sew.

1 comment:

  1. When I was little Fisher price offered a kid's sewing playset.What it was was cards that looked a lot like greeting cards with holees punched in them with a big plastic craftn needle and yarn to sew them together with.Something that could easily be made.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.